Money Sense Ltd. Privacy Notice
Money Sense Ltd. t/a Money Sense Financial Services is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Money Sense Ltd. in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of GDPR we at Money Sense Ltd. act as a data controller. We can be contacted at 13 Priory Paddocks, Muckross Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry. We process personal information for the purpose of providing financial planning, financial advice and financial services to our clients. We also process personal data for our employees.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are a Financial Services Brokerage family run business based in Killarney. We offer the following services to our clients: Mortgages, Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Pensions, Retirement Advice, Investments and Deposits.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representative is Sheila M. Lenihan and can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on either 064-6639164 or 087-8364150.
Purpose for processing your data
- Clients give us their personal details either by the Contact Us Website page or through an initial phonecall or meeting. We will store this information in a paper file. We may also key in their personal data to the BIS Platform so that we can access this information easily. This BIS Platform is a Management Software System available to Financial Brokers. We have a copy of the security measures they have in place for client’s personal data and this is available to clients on request.
- Client’s personal data include, basic information such as name and contact details, financial information, health information any other relevant information.
- If clients complete an application form for a service or product. We will key in this information electronically in a portal for the relevant Company so that they can process this application.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with financial advice Money Sense Ltd. need to collect personal data for financial products. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Money Sense Ltd. needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract for a financial service or product.
In any event, Money Sense Ltd. are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Money Sense Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Money Sense Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data - we will ensure that we will obtain your explicit consent.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Money Sense Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Money Sense Ltd. procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Haven Mortgages, KBC Homeloans, Royal London, Zurich , New Ireland, AVIVA, Friends First, Irish Life, Standard Life, Wealth Options, Davys, Investec, BCP Asset Management, KBC Bank, Quilter, Bespoke Investments, Cantor Fitzgerald, BlackBee Investments, Merrion Solutions, BVP Investments, Broker Solutions, Permanent tsb, EBS Limited, Newcourt Fund Managers & Blue Insurance.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Money Sense Ltd. facilitates you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Money Sense Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule will be maintained by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Money Sense Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Money Sense Ltd.’s data protection representative - GDPR Owner.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
We as Financial and mortgage advisors use profiling in our business. The main categories are
- Risk profiling.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services and mortgage product
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) we as advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customer’s attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Marketing and emails
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us on email@example.com.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 064-6639164 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.